mobile-callClick to Call
JSI & Associates

23830 FM 1314 Ste B
Porter, TX 77365

mobile-mapGet Directions
JSI & Associates Insurance Blog
Instant Online Quote

Who is covered by my auto insurance

Auto insurance protects you and your assets, and if you choose additional coverage, it also protects your vehicle. Texas requires that you show you can pay for any damage you cause as the result of an auto accident. Most people opt to do this auto insurance. You must carry $30,000 per person for injuries and a total of $60,000 per accident. $25,000 in property damage is also required. This coverage is for you in your car, but who is covered by your auto insurance?  At JSI & Associates in Porter, TX, we are a customer-centered, locally owned independent insurance agency. We do the work so you can get the right insurance at the right price. 

Nobody but you would drive your vehicle in an ideal world, and you would never drive any other vehicle. Of course, we don’t live in an ideal world, which brings up the issue of whether your insurance covers you or your vehicle. The simplest answer is that in Texas, the insurance goes with the vehicle. Within your family, the people who live in your house, there is no question that they have the same coverage on your vehicle as you do. 

But let’s imagine that a friend or family member who doesn’t live in your house has an emergency and needs to borrow your vehicle. Whose insurance covers an accident they cause with your car? Your insurance does, and whatever deductible you have will need to be paid. Unfortunately, your insurance premium is also the one that will go up. 

Auto insurance will protect you in most scenarios. If you have any questions about the coverage you have or what is covered at JSI & Associates in Porter, TX, we would love to sit down and discuss it with you. Give us a call for an appointment to talk about insurance coverage.